VoiceBox Live Presents: Drinking/Songs
Friday, April 6, 2012
May 16, 2012 at 50 Mason Social House
8pm-10pm, doors open at 7:30pm
Drinking/Songs: A Night of Beer and the Music That Goes With It affords beer lovers and vocal music fans an unrivaled opportunity to:
- taste a range of Dogfish Head artisanal beers inspired by brewing traditions from around the world.
- hear music associated with the selected ales performed by The Fill A Steins, a professional a cappella vocal ensemble.
- participate in a live discussion featuring the singers, cicerone Sayre Piotrkowski (The Monk's Kettle) and VoiceBox host Chloe Veltman about the deep connection between beer and song which will be recorded and broadcast on public radio’s VoiceBox the following week.
Join us for an unforgettable global journey through the shared cultural history of ale and song!
For more information please click here.
Tickets: $15 in advance or $20 on the door at https://
CALLING ALL BEER-SWILLIN' SONGWRITERS: ANNOUNCING THE INAUGURAL DRINKING/SONGS COMPETITION!
Compose a drinking song. Send your entry (music scores only please) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on April 15. The winner will be announced at the Drinking/Songs event on May 16 and will receive:
- a live performance of his or her song at the event by The Fill A Steins.
- airplay on VoiceBox the following Friday.
- a bag of Dogfish Head swag.
COMING UP NEXT ON VOICEBOX: The Great Voicebox Choral Music Showcase
Bay Area Choral Directory Founder Helene Whitson explores some of the best choral music CD releases of the past year.
If you missed last week's show, it is available on demand via kalw's online music player throughout this week. Click here and scroll down to the VoiceBox link to access the latest broadcast.
All previously-aired VoiceBox broadcasts can be found here.