VoiceBox Live Presents: Drinking/Songs
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 at 50 Mason Social House
8pm-10pm, doors open at 7:30pm
Drinking/Songs: A Night of Beer and the Music That Goes With It affords beer lovers and vocal music fans an unrivaled opportunity to:
- taste a range of Dogfish Head artisanal beers inspired by brewing traditions from around the world.
- hear music associated with the selected ales performed by The Fill A Steins, a professional a cappella vocal ensemble.
- participate in a live discussion featuring the singers, cicerone Sayre Piotrkowski (St. Vincent) and VoiceBox host Chloe Veltman about the deep connection between beer and song which will be recorded and broadcast on public radio’s VoiceBox the following week.
Join us for an unforgettable global journey through the shared cultural history of ale and song!
For more information please click here.
Tickets: $15 in advance or $20 on the door at https://
CALLING ALL BEER-SWILLIN' SONGWRITERS: ANNOUNCING THE INAUGURAL DRINKING/SONGS COMPETITION!
Compose a drinking song. Send your entry (music scores only please) via email to email@example.com by midnight on April 15. The winner will be announced at the Drinking/Songs event on May 16 and will receive:
- a live performance of his or her song at the event by The Fill A Steins.
- airplay on VoiceBox the following Friday.
- a bag of Dogfish Head swag.
COMING UP NEXT ON VOICEBOX: Medieval Madonnas: Susan Hellauer, a member of the world-renowned a cappella vocal ensemble Anonymous 4, explores the rift between chant as an art form and chant as a spiritual practice. (Rerun; program first aired on December 16, 2011.)